This article or section is from the VOREstation wiki.
|Access: Cargo, Maintenance|
Supervisors: Head of Personnel then Quartermaster
Duties: Push crates, get crates where they need to go, monitor the disposals conveyor for bodies
Guides: Supply Crates
The Cargo Bay is your home as a Cargo Technician and, naturally, where you start the game. It contains hand labeler, a Cell Charger a multitool, a med-kit, some empty crates, a MULE, a copy machine, and an autolathe.
This is an alternative way of delivering items, and is usually preferable to MULE transport as long as the pipes are still intact.
- Wrap your item/crate with package wrapper.
- Pick up the destination tagger and click in your hand to set a destination.
- Use the destination tagger on the parcel.
- Optional: Use a pen to write a message on the parcel, or custom set a destination.)
- Stick it on the conveyor, or dump it in a disposals unit, and let the system handle it.
- Tip: Click and drag the large parcels to disposals units to put them in. This can only be done a few times however.
You can also gift wrap packages, but these cannot be tagged with a destination, and have to be delivered manually. This will not work with large objects. The process is slightly more complicated.
- Pick up the item you want to gift wrap.
- Hold a sharp object in your other hand. (Wirecutters are the most common for this.)
- Click the wrapping paper with the item you want to wrap.
Gift wrapping a human is also possible, but they must have a straight jacket on and you need the wrapping paper in your hand. This is usually not a good idea.
Using the MULEBot
- Drag the crate on to the MULE.
- Set a destination with your PDA or on the control panel.
- Send the MULE off!
How to Recharge the MULEBot
- Open up the maintenance panel with a screwdriver. (Make sure the controls are unlocked first!)
- Take out the power cell. (Top entry.)
- Insert charged power cell.
- Close panel with screwdriver.
You're a bit of in a pickle here, but wait. There's an autolathe that can help you GREATLY. You can also order a lot of stuff, but opening them is a different matter. Be careful though, if there is a Quartermaster, he will probably notice your shady activities in the Cargo Bay.
|Jobs on CHOMPstation|
|Command||Colony Director, Head of Personnel, Head of Security, Chief Engineer, Research Director, Chief Medical Officer|
|Security||Head of Security, Security Officer, Warden, Detective|
|Engineering||Chief Engineer, Engineer, Atmospheric Technician|
|Cargo||Quartermaster, Cargo Technician, Shaft Miner|
|Medical||Chief Medical Officer, Medical Doctor, Paramedic, Psychologist, Chemist, Search and Rescue|
|Science||Research Director, Scientist, Roboticist, Xenobiologist, Pathfinder, Explorer|
|Service & Civilian||Intern, Visitor, Bartender, Botanist, Chef, Chaplain, Command Secretary, Janitor, Librarian, Pilot|
|Station-Bound||AI, Cyborg, Maintenance Drone, Personal AI, Ghost, Mouse|